Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009




Halloween marked the beginning of the holiday season and now here we are, first day of November, with one down and three to go (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years). Though I'm planning to celebrate the others, I sort of wimped out on Halloween. Then again, I wimp out every Halloween. I'm not much for wearing costumes, nor am I one for parties. So for me, this year was really quiet.


The day before Halloween was windy and cold, but the day of was nice. I took pics the day before on my long weekend just for the heck of it and because I'd wanted some autumn pictures before the snow got here.

Jon got dressed up and went out on his own. I felt like a bum for not going, but he was okay with it. I helped him get ready, then I settled down and finished another book, which made it four that I finished on this long weekend. Not too shabby, and if I were to really try I could probably finish a fifth one. I stayed up late to work on NaNoWriMo which kicked off at midnight.


Today I finished up a scarf I've been working on. A co-worker gave me a coffee pot in exchange for it. She bought the yarn, I did the actual work. It was my first time using wool, so I'm in the process of blocking it right now, but I think I'm okay with how it came out and I think she will be too. Hopefully.

I'm ending my last weekend day with some mellowing out around the house. I've been working on my story periodically and am already up to over 4,000 words. I watched “Les Miserables.” It was good, but depressing. Going to write some more, read later, and get ready for the work week. After four days off, I'm strangely ready to go back and instead of dreading the pile of work I know I'll have waiting for me, I'm going to welcome it and hope it keeps me busy enough to make Monday go by fast.

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment