Friday, January 14, 2011

Finished Objects: Baby Leg Warmers

While the baby bug hasn't hit me, it seems to be getting those around me. A friend of mine from work recently had her third daughter and I managed to finish these baby leg warmers for her before the little girl joined her family.

The legwarmers were done in a 2x2 ribbing, just under a foot long so the baby cold grow into them a little bit. There are a few mistakes in these, but overall, they came out well and they look stretchy and cozy. 

I used some of the leftover yarn to make a baby hat, and before I finished I got it into my head to make it like a gnome hat. I'm not sure if I hit the mark, but it is a cute stockinette stitch hat. I do have to weave in the ends, which I'll probably do when I get back from my trip this week. 


I have a little bit of yarn left over from this ball, and I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with it. I could make a pair of baby socks, or I could use it to make a cozy for something (iPod, eReader, phone, etc.). I'll have to think on this.

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend kniting a really cool jacket/coat/wrap with remnant yarn she has. It has a very "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" feel

    ReplyDelete