Thursday, September 23, 2010

Catching Up

I have a few things to blog about still, and they're on their way soon. I promise. As for current mundane stuff, here's a list for anyone who's keeping track.

1. I'm trying to decide if I want to have a Passion Party and/or Scentsy party in the near future. Passion Party is, much like it sounds, an adult themed party for people who want to spice things up a little bit. A Scentsy party is for flameless candles that make your home smell pretty. I have some things coming from E's party and I can't wait to get them. Even if I don't have a party, I'm glad to have stink pretty stuff, especially with the holidays coming on fast.

2. I'm purging a bunch of stuff to make extra room in my house, including clothes, books, some video games, and some other random stuff we don't really need. There's going to be some Craigslist postings and maybe a little extra cash if we can sell some things to the local "buying" merchants. Not too long ago I unloaded a bunch of yarn on some knitting friends, so I think my current stash will remain untouched except by me to knit even more things.

3. My mom is going to be here for a visit in less than a month. She'll get to kick around Manhattan for a couple days but most of that time will be spent in Oklahoma visiting with my grandma and other assorted family members. I'm excited. I think I'm going to try to introduce her to The Boondock Saints, HotPot, and Dr. Horrible.

4. I beat Alan Wake on the XBox. I loved the game and want someone to make a sequel. A good sequel, preferably.

5. I have my NaNoWriMo idea ready for November. The hard part is not starting on it until then, so I'm going to try to channel my energy into working on my other story, "Highest Bidder." I am going to have to give up some of my other writing commitments, unfortunately, because I'm lax on them and have no muse. It also doesn't help that since J and I are sharing a computer, I tend to let him have it more in favor of knitting or reading pursuits.

6. Speaking of reading pursuits, has anyone else read Poppy Z. Brite? I just finished a novel by her that I have yet to write into a Goodreads review, but I'm interested in what others think. If you've read her, leave me a comment and let me know your opinion.

ALF

No comments:

Post a Comment