Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Last Time I Watch This Exorcism Movie

My horror movie compadre, E, and I went to the movies last night to see The Last Exorcism. The previews looked pretty creepy and I had high hopes for the movie itself.

Unfortunately, it was kind of a disappointment.

Good things:
1. It was documentary style, which I enjoy. I'm one of those who enjoyed "The Blair Witch Project" and "Paranormal Activity" because I find that documentary style movies tend to be creepier than standard  ones.

2. It was funny. Though a horror movie in effect, the main character, a jaded preacher and swindler, has some great one liners.

Not so great things:
1. This movie is barely scary. The creepy scenes are few and far between, and many of the scenes seem to try too hard to be scary.

2. The plot is cliched. I won't give the ending away, but it's the kind of twist that isn't really a twist because it's been done before. In this case, it wasn't even done well.

My favorite response to this movie? The guy behind us told the person he was with "This is the last time I let you pick the movie we go see."

My recommendation? Wait for the DVD.

ALF

No comments:

Post a Comment