Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Goodreads Review: Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie

I've decided to start using my Goodreads account again, at least for now. I phase alot, so we'll see how long it lasts.

Bet Me Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is the second time I read this book. The first time was several years ago. I remembered loving it then and wondered if I still would on a second reading. And oh yes, I did.

The characters are set as modern day fairy tale. Min has just been dumped by her boyfriend for not having sex with him. Cal has just broken up with his girlfriend because she wanted to get married. When Min's ex bets Cal he can't get her into bed in a month...and hears him...hijinks ensue.
The characters are fun and well written. Min is the atypical heroine. She's not thin, she's rather plain, and the book starts with some not-so-nice comments being made about her. But it's not long before everyone falls for her sense of humor, and Cal starts seeing the sensual things about her.
The dialogue in this book is fun and gave me a boost for my own current writing project. "Bet Me" is also one of those cutesie sigh inducing romances that always tends to give me warm fuzzies. I BookMooched this one, but since it rates as a 5 star even after a second read, I don't think I can let it go again. It now has a permanent home on my bookshelf.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment