Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Crafting for Charity

My big plans to try to sell things on etsy have been postponed in favor of trying to sell things to raise money for the Relay for Life this year. I’m not sure if anything is going to sell to tell the truth. My stuff isn’t all that exciting…it’s actually pretty basic…and because I’m still a beginner, there’s a lot I have to learn. But you have to start somewhere, right?

These are the three scarves I have finished so far. I can kick one of these out in about two days if I work at it. I love extra long scarves that can wrap around a couple of times and I like working with different yarns and colors.
I also tried my hand at a couple pairs of earrings last night, and while the finished product isn’t perfect by any means, I’m kind of proud of myself for just doing it.



Hopefully I’ll be getting some tutelage from a friend of mine on how to enhance my knitting skills very soon. I also have an idea for a knitted purse which I think I could do with the right material, small needles, and my need to try different things. I wonder if my friend could teach me how to read a pattern too…I know it can’t be that hard, right?

If you see anything you like, let me know. While I’m officially selling things at our in-town fundraisers, I’m always happy to take a Paypal payment with shipping and handling and mail it for anyone out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment