Friday, July 10, 2009

Yarn, Yarn, and Did I mention Yarn?

I got a huge haul of yarn last night, a fact of which I’m pretty proud of, especially because considering what I got, I basically spent pennies. The thing that sent me to the store was the need to start a new project from the Stitch N’ Bitch Handbook I borrowed from my friend (I am on the hunt for my own copy though…must have it!). Because I needed specific colors I didn’t already have in my stash, we made a trip to Hobby Lobby armed with two coupons printed from the internet and the list of needed things.

Luckily, I didn’t have to buy the needles since I already have not one but two sets of size 7 needles. The yarn I chose was pretty cheap, second only to Red Heart and chosen because I liked the texture better. This was the “I Love This Yarn” brand from HL and I’m not sure if I got a bad skein or just part of it was messed up, but I found later that there was a big section where the yarn was separating. I got around it…luckily I found it while I was making my gauge swatch and I had no problems after that…but it’s probably not the best quality of yarn I’ve ever used.

Besides the project skeins (more on that project later once I get it into my Ravelry account), Hobby Lobby also had a clearance sale on frou frou yarns, so I picked up three small skeins of those for $1.19 each (originally marked at 6.89 a skein). I already have an idea for a scarf using one of these.



If that weren’t enough, a day or so ago I posted on Craigslist that I was looking for knitting items. I got a hit last night from a girl who hooked me up with five skeins of Baby Coordinates yarn, a random skein and a random ball of yarn, a tape measure, and a small pair of scissors…all for free…and she was nice enough to bring them to my front door. I love Craigslist.



This weekend is definitely going to be one dedicated to knitting because nothing gets me in the mood like new yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment