Friday, July 24, 2009

Alien Illusion Scarf

I finally finished my Alien Illusion Scarf, and of course now realize I've periodically called it an Alien Invasion Scarf. But whatever, it's still cool. This is the first time I've 1) finished a project with both knitting and purling; 2) did illusion knitting; and 3) used fringe. And even though I know fringe isn't difficult, I'm glad I finally stopped being lazy and just did it.
I made Jon model for me, which works well since it's his scarf. I have to say, he knows how to pose to make an Alien scarf get an extra dose of eerie. Not sure if he does it on purpose, but it cracks me up.

The pattern came from the Stitch N Bitch handbook and I must give thanks to my friend Angela for teaching me to purl so I could actually do this. I'd like to try this one again, but in different colors, or at least in a different contrast color (what green is in this one).

This weekend....between in-law visiting of course...I will try my hand at the currently elusive increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment