Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sick

I was sick for two days. In that time, I did nothing except watch TV, and not even the TV I said I was going to blog about. I still haven’t watched the season premiere of The Amazing Race, and I was going to watch Glee and Flash Forward and never got around to doing that either. C’est la vie. I could have read three books, knitted two hats and watched half my Netflix queue if I’d been feeling up to it. Slight exaggeration, but let’s face it…when you’re sick, nothing sounds good.


I did watch “Wire in the Blood” and am now in Season 5 (I think). This stands as one of my favorite shows. I can’t get into American crime dramas, but this import has me hooked. Dr. Tony Hill could very well be the second love of my life besides my fiancĂ©. Creepy as it sounds, I am truly a fan of his character. A few reviews have said that the show is better than the books, but I’m curious to read the books too.

I also watched “Bedtime Stories” with Adam Sandler and give it high marks for cuteness and all around Adam Sandler funniness. This was followed by “Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.” I love this movie. I remember being young, probably junior high, and going with my aunt to see it in the theater. My mom bought it for me on VHS when it came out. Somewhere along the way, I lost that VHS (my mom might actually still have it, come to think of it). The movie is currently on Netflix and I was surprised to see a few things I didn’t remember from the original.

Now that the sickness has begun to make itself absent (still a little yucky but able to function) I’m hoping to catch up on my blogging. Of course my blogs are generally erratic anyway, but I’m trying to be routine, I really am. Tonight we’re going to see Zombieland, courtesy of free pre-screening passes, and if it’s good enough (or bad enough) I might just have something to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment