Sunday, July 18, 2010

Depression Rebounding

Last week was insane as far as work goes. Training for a new position is stressful anyway, but the work I'm doing now is constant all day long, at least if I want to get it done, which I sort of have to since it's all on a deadline. It reminds me alot of my OKC job. I'm not complaining. If anything, I prefer this sort of work and would rather have 8 hours feel like not enough time than too much time.

Usually I look forward to my weekends and enjoy them since it means being home and not at work. However, this weekend I'm having what I think of as rebounding depression. It feels like I was busy and productive and super for five days and all of a sudden I'm given some down time and I don't know what to do with it. The sad thing, there's all kinds of things I need to get done. I could sort my knitting stash. I could work on my writing. I could knit. I could organize and clean the house since it could definitely use it. But I don't want to do any of that. This puts me in a low, apathetic mood, which just makes me feel lower. It's a bad cycle.

It also means I've slept alot and haven't accomplished much of anything. I do have these weekends occasionally and it doesn't set a precedence for the next weekends, but this is one of the few times I'll be relieved for Monday to get here. In the meantime, this afternoon I am going to knit and watch "Conviction," a show off our Netflix queue that didn't last long considering the complete series is all in one. I'm going to put away some laundry and then try not to stress about everything else. Unfortunately, I have no idea what time I'll be able to sleep tonight since I slept until 1:30 this afternoon. I wasn't even up late...I was in bed before midnight.

But knitting and maybe some reading should definitely help.

ALF

No comments:

Post a Comment