Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Little Bit of Everything Type of Day

Happy Fourth of July weekend!

The people outside are celebrating and have been for about three days. By celebrating, I mean they're popping off firecrackers constantly. It doesn't seem as loud as it did last year, which is nice. Or maybe I'm better at ignoring it. Yes, I'm not very celebratory this weekend, preferring to just lay low and relax. I keep thinking I'm going to do some housework, but I haven't yet and who knows if I'll get to it. The day is almost over and I haven't had the shot of motivation I need.

I have kept busy doing non-productive things though. Last night I finished the June washcloth KAL project from Rachel's Knitting Room. It was a really fun and quick knit and I didn't have to go rip back anything like I did with the May KAL.  I'm not sure if I want to keep the June KAL or give it to a friend who likes to garden.

I also finished the cuff on the current pair of socks I'm knitting. The first one looks like it needs a severe blocking, but I doubt if I'll do it formally other than wearing the socks around when they're done.

In the course of knitting, we finished watching the final season of  Wire in the Blood and the first season of   Lie To Me. Watching it reminded me of how much I like Tim Roth, and I'm not on a mission to get J to see Four Rooms.

I played some XBox too. I've generally been pretty darn lazy today but that's okay. Isn't that what a three day weekend is for? To recharge and do nothing? Tonight is our STAR WARS marathon, and even though I know it'll keep me up all night, I'm debating making some coffee to sip on tonight.

ALF

No comments:

Post a Comment